- 2012 Thus Far
- Rules of the Cinematic Universe, Pt. 3
- 10 Words or Less: Magic Mike (2012)
- 'The Sessions' Trailer Smells Oscar
- '12 Years A Slave' Poster Debuts
- The Greendale Seven Will Return
- New 'Dark Knight Rises' Banner Is Fiery
- For the Movie Fanatic In Your Family
- The Vault: Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
- 'The Campaign' Posters Promise To Be More American...
- Review: Seeking A Friend for the End of the World
- Your Thoughts on 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter'...
- 10 Words or Less: Watchmen (2009)
- The Dark Knight Rises Attempts Impossible: Making ...
- Cruel Director Releases Another 'Dark Knight Rises...
- New 'Master' Clip Is Hopelessly Inquisitve
- Play Journey to the Center of Hawthorne
- Where Your TDKR IMAX Showing Is
- Review: Where the Screams Began (Prometheus)
- Listen to The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack
- International 'Django' Trailer
- Geekery at Las Vegas Licensing Expo
- How to Be a Cinephile
- No Hablo Español, Pero Viggo Mortensen Puede
- Just In Case You Forgot, Quentin Tarantino Is Maki...
- Top Five London Musicals
- 'Community' Directors May Head Cap Sequel
- 'Flight' Trailer Features Serious Denzel
- Win 'Journey 2: The Mysterious Island'
- The End is Nigh
- 'Prometheus' IMAX Poster
- Review: Once Upon A Time (Snow White and the Hunts...
- Edgar Wright Is A Brilliant, Brilliant Man
- ▼ June (33)
- ► 2011 (262)
- ► 2010 (223)
- ▼ 2012 (302)
The Avengers (The Comic Books Gods delivered)
The Grey (A film that captures emotion, visual flourishes and an ace performance from Mr. Neeson)
John Carter (It may not have made a lot of money, but Andrew Stanton created the only real fantasy story of the year)
Haywire (A genre exercise filled with capable actors)
Cabin in the Woods (Horror with a genuine surprise and comic wit. Thanks again, Whedon!)
Hunger Games (Jennifer Lawrence shines again in the woods)
Seeking A Friend for the End of the World (Is its tone a little shifty? Yes, but the world is also ending.)
The Secret World of Arriety (Beautifully hand-drawn film with a touch of humanity)
Missed the Cut: Snow White and the Hunstman, Mirror Mirror, Friends with Kids, Dark Shadows
Notable films not seen: Moonrise Kingdom, The Raid: Redemption, Brave, Bernie.
Not a bad bunch of films. The real test lies in the coming seasons when The Dark Knight Rises, Django Unchained, Looper, Argo, Skyfall, Lawless, Killing them Softly and The Master take the stage. 2012 is shaping up to be a year in which traditional Oscar-fare will be outshined by genre efforts and auteur-visions. Sounds perfect.