- Search for the Truth in 'Red Lights'
- Quentin Tarantino's Movie Universe Is All Encompas...
- Review: Follow Your Bliss (Moonrise Kingdom)
- Watch the Very Baity 'Les Miserables' Trailer
- In Memoriam
- Review: Consider MIB2 Neuralized (Men In Black 3)
- The Vault: Night of the Hunter (1955)
- Baz Luhrmann's 'Gatsby' Takes A Bow
- Logo for 'Pacific Rim' Released
- 'Skyfall' Teaser Pushes the Throttle Toward Badass...
- 'The Master' Teases A Planview Performance from Ph...
- 10 Words or Less: Battleship (2012)
- 'Skyfall' Teaser Poster
- Eagle Eyes Can Catch Hoffman as The Master
- Malick's New Film Titled 'To The Wonder'
- Review: 'Dark Shadows' A Half-and-Half Effort
- The 2012 Lammys
- 'Argo' Trailer: Hooray Shag Carpeting and Long Hai...
- Hulk vs. The Incredible Hulk vs. The Avengers
- Review: The Dysfunctional Four (The Avengers)
- Review: A Man of the People (Bernie)
- 'Avengers' Universal Timeline
- Summer 2012 Preview
- Final 'Dark Knight Rises' Theatrical Trailer
- ▼ May (24)
- ► 2011 (262)
- ► 2010 (222)
- ▼ 2012 (304)
Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures co-release Pacific Rim, directed by Guillermo Del Toro, has been given a logo today. Not much was known about the film, but fortunately, a plot description was released today as well.
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes-a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)-who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
Doesn't look like the Godzilla knock-off many were calling it previous to today. Given how many projects that have been wiped off of Mr. Del Toro's slate, I look forward to this picture with anticipation.